William Ellwood death cert

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 24, 2012
      Hi All

      It has been a while since our last messages!

      I have just received William Ellwood's death certificate. William was born 1772 Dufton, son of Mark Ellwood & Ann Loadman. William married Ann Simpson 27/7/1794 St Michael's Appleby.

      William died 2/4/1841 Bongate Appleby. The informant was his wife Ann. William was buried 5/4/1841 and the record says he was of Gale House Appleby.

      William died before the 1841 census, however, there is no sign of Ann his wife. According to freebmd there are no deaths recorded of Ann Ellwoods until 1842!

      I have found the following entry:

      ELLWOOD, Ann F 70 1771 Westmorland VIEW
      BINKS, Sarah F 75 1766 Westmorland VIEW

      Piece: 1157
      Book/Folio: 2/5
      Page: 5
      Registration District: 5
      Civil Parish: Kirkby Stephen
      Municipal Borough:
      Address: Rookby, Kirkby Stephen, Kaber
      County: Westmorland

      but I belive this is another Ann née Waistell who married John Ellwood.

      Any ideas??