Re: Thomas Ellwood born 1747

    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 6, 2012
      Hi Everyone,

      I have now a copy of Thomas' will dated 3rd Sept 1838 and proved 14th June 1839.

      As I suspected Thomas does not mention any of his family from his first marriage.

      The will mentions:

      His wife Elizabeth
      His daughter Mary wife of Joseph Chambers
      His daughter Jane Ellwood spinster
      His daughter Hannah wife of George Stephenson
      His only son John Ellwood
      Executor: John Ellwood the son
      Witnesses: John Heely junior of Appleby
      Jonathon Bounbridge.

      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 6, 2012
        On 6 Mar 2012 at 10:50, Gillian Mc Kenna wrote:

        > As I suspected Thomas does not mention any of his family from his first
        > marriage.
        >
        > The will mentions:
        >
        > His wife Elizabeth
        > His daughter Mary wife of Joseph Chambers
        > His daughter Jane Ellwood spinster
        > His daughter Hannah wife of George Stephenson
        > His only son John Ellwood

        Missing, then:

        Elizabeth, wife of Thomas Blackett
        Anne, wife of Thomas Parker

        and Jane married Robert Blenkarn the monthy after he died.

        and we didn't have a husband for Hannah, so that's something new.

        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 6, 2012
          Correction!!

          The daughter Ann Parker is mentioned!

          Had not highlighted her name in my will copy!

          Sorry,