Re: Thomas Ellwood born 1747

    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 23, 2012
      Hi All,

      On second thoughts, I don't think any of his 1st family children survived (Thomas & Mary Loy).

      I know that:
      Edmund 1772-1783
      Thomas 1774-1779
      William 1776 - 1783

      Robert b1773
      Sarah b1775

      No burial for these two, however, in the 1787 census of Dufton they are not with their father:

      Thos ELLWOOD
      Head
      Farmer

      Eliz ELLWOOD
      Wife

      Mary ELLWOOD
      Daughter

      Eliz ELLWOOD
      Daughter

      Jno TUER
      Miner

      They would have been aged 12 & 14 yrs.

      Maybe in Thomas' will there will be no mention of his 1st family's children as they were all dead??

      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 6, 2012
        Hi Everyone,

        I have now a copy of Thomas' will dated 3rd Sept 1838 and proved 14th June 1839.

        As I suspected Thomas does not mention any of his family from his first marriage.

        The will mentions:

        His wife Elizabeth
        His daughter Mary wife of Joseph Chambers
        His daughter Jane Ellwood spinster
        His daughter Hannah wife of George Stephenson
        His only son John Ellwood
        Executor: John Ellwood the son
        Witnesses: John Heely junior of Appleby
        Jonathon Bounbridge.

        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 6, 2012
          On 6 Mar 2012 at 10:50, Gillian Mc Kenna wrote:

          > As I suspected Thomas does not mention any of his family from his first
          > marriage.
          >
          > The will mentions:
          >
          > His wife Elizabeth
          > His daughter Mary wife of Joseph Chambers
          > His daughter Jane Ellwood spinster
          > His daughter Hannah wife of George Stephenson
          > His only son John Ellwood

          Missing, then:

          Elizabeth, wife of Thomas Blackett
          Anne, wife of Thomas Parker

          and Jane married Robert Blenkarn the monthy after he died.

          and we didn't have a husband for Hannah, so that's something new.

          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 6, 2012
            Correction!!

            The daughter Ann Parker is mentioned!

            Had not highlighted her name in my will copy!

            Sorry,