Re: Thomas Ellwood born 1747

    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 23, 2012
      Hi All,

      Does anyone have his will proved 1839?

      It would be interesting to see which children he mentions that could proved he married Elizabeth Willon & Mary Loy.

      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 23, 2012
        Hi All,

        On second thoughts, I don't think any of his 1st family children survived (Thomas & Mary Loy).

        I know that:
        Edmund 1772-1783
        Thomas 1774-1779
        William 1776 - 1783

        Robert b1773
        Sarah b1775

        No burial for these two, however, in the 1787 census of Dufton they are not with their father:

        Thos ELLWOOD
        Head
        Farmer

        Eliz ELLWOOD
        Wife

        Mary ELLWOOD
        Daughter

        Eliz ELLWOOD
        Daughter

        Jno TUER
        Miner

        They would have been aged 12 & 14 yrs.

        Maybe in Thomas' will there will be no mention of his 1st family's children as they were all dead??

        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 6, 2012
          Hi Everyone,

          I have now a copy of Thomas' will dated 3rd Sept 1838 and proved 14th June 1839.

          As I suspected Thomas does not mention any of his family from his first marriage.

          The will mentions:

          His wife Elizabeth
          His daughter Mary wife of Joseph Chambers
          His daughter Jane Ellwood spinster
          His daughter Hannah wife of George Stephenson
          His only son John Ellwood
          Executor: John Ellwood the son
          Witnesses: John Heely junior of Appleby
          Jonathon Bounbridge.

          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 6, 2012
            On 6 Mar 2012 at 10:50, Gillian Mc Kenna wrote:

            > As I suspected Thomas does not mention any of his family from his first
            > marriage.
            >
            > The will mentions:
            >
            > His wife Elizabeth
            > His daughter Mary wife of Joseph Chambers
            > His daughter Jane Ellwood spinster
            > His daughter Hannah wife of George Stephenson
            > His only son John Ellwood

            Missing, then:

            Elizabeth, wife of Thomas Blackett
            Anne, wife of Thomas Parker

            and Jane married Robert Blenkarn the monthy after he died.

            and we didn't have a husband for Hannah, so that's something new.

            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 6, 2012
              Correction!!

              The daughter Ann Parker is mentioned!

              Had not highlighted her name in my will copy!

              Sorry,