Re: [ellwood] Re: Thomas Ellwood born 1747

  • O'Brien Family
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 18, 2012
      Sorry I didn't word it well in hindsight.

      Thomas 's birthday is prior to October of every year.
      Thomas marrys Mary Ellwood April 1783 he is 36.
      Therefore October 1783 Thomas turns 37.
      October 1784 Thomas turns 38.
      November 1784 Thomas marrys Elizabeth Willon BUT this Thomas states his age as 37.
      I agree all the marriage certificates date back to a 1747 birth

      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 23, 2012
        Hi All,

        Does anyone have his will proved 1839?

        It would be interesting to see which children he mentions that could proved he married Elizabeth Willon & Mary Loy.

        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 23, 2012
          Hi All,

          On second thoughts, I don't think any of his 1st family children survived (Thomas & Mary Loy).

          I know that:
          Edmund 1772-1783
          Thomas 1774-1779
          William 1776 - 1783

          Robert b1773
          Sarah b1775

          No burial for these two, however, in the 1787 census of Dufton they are not with their father:

          Thos ELLWOOD
          Head
          Farmer

          Eliz ELLWOOD
          Wife

          Mary ELLWOOD
          Daughter

          Eliz ELLWOOD
          Daughter

          Jno TUER
          Miner

          They would have been aged 12 & 14 yrs.

          Maybe in Thomas' will there will be no mention of his 1st family's children as they were all dead??

          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 6, 2012
            Hi Everyone,

            I have now a copy of Thomas' will dated 3rd Sept 1838 and proved 14th June 1839.

            As I suspected Thomas does not mention any of his family from his first marriage.

            The will mentions:

            His wife Elizabeth
            His daughter Mary wife of Joseph Chambers
            His daughter Jane Ellwood spinster
            His daughter Hannah wife of George Stephenson
            His only son John Ellwood
            Executor: John Ellwood the son
            Witnesses: John Heely junior of Appleby
            Jonathon Bounbridge.

            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 6, 2012
              On 6 Mar 2012 at 10:50, Gillian Mc Kenna wrote:

              > As I suspected Thomas does not mention any of his family from his first
              > marriage.
              >
              > The will mentions:
              >
              > His wife Elizabeth
              > His daughter Mary wife of Joseph Chambers
              > His daughter Jane Ellwood spinster
              > His daughter Hannah wife of George Stephenson
              > His only son John Ellwood

              Missing, then:

              Elizabeth, wife of Thomas Blackett
              Anne, wife of Thomas Parker

              and Jane married Robert Blenkarn the monthy after he died.

              and we didn't have a husband for Hannah, so that's something new.

              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 6, 2012
                Correction!!

                The daughter Ann Parker is mentioned!

                Had not highlighted her name in my will copy!

                Sorry,