??? Bruce Morrison Tree

  • grahamo_ell
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 11, 2012
      Have noticed that the Bruce Morrison tree has a small error.
      Edmund Ellwood married Anne Rudd 1696.
      It then states that they had six children but only lists five children.
      Thomas b 1697 Christopher 1699 Edmund 1700 William 1702 and Dorathy 1706.
      Does anyone know if this is an error or if there was a sixth child not mentioned?
      Graham
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 12, 2012
        Hi Graham,

        I have only the five children you list in my tree.

        I suspect that it's a mistake. Why don't you email Bruce & ask him?

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 12, 2012
          On 12 Jan 2012 at 2:31, grahamo_ell wrote:

          > Have noticed that the Bruce Morrison tree has a small error.
          > Edmund Ellwood married Anne Rudd 1696.
          > It then states that they had six children but only lists five children.
          > Thomas b 1697 Christopher 1699 Edmund 1700 William 1702 and Dorathy 1706. Does
          > anyone know if this is an error or if there was a sixth child not mentioned?

          I haven't been able to find a sixth child.

          Christopher seems to have died young.

          William seems to have lived a long life, but have no record of marriage or
          children for him.

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 12, 2012
            Hi All,

            I have William married to Frances Blencarn 24/11/1733 Asby. William bur 23/9/1789 Dufton. William wrote a will dated 14/12/1786 & proved 13/01/1790. Frances bur 22/5/1792 Dufton. Frances was living Murton with dau Anne & family in 1787. Described as "old woman".

            Children:

            John bap 19/10/1735 Dufton marr Anne Lowis 26/1/1766 Dufton
            Anne bap 8/4/1739 St Michael's bongate marr Francis Sedwick 25/8/1762 St M
            Hannah bap 13/9/1741 St M
            Mary bap 7/1/1747 St M married Hugh Bellas 2/2/1768 St M.

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 12, 2012
              On 12 Jan 2012 at 2:31, grahamo_ell wrote:

              > Have noticed that the Bruce Morrison tree has a small error.
              > Edmund Ellwood married Anne Rudd 1696.
              > It then states that they had six children but only lists five children.
              > Thomas b 1697 Christopher 1699 Edmund 1700 William 1702 and Dorathy 1706. Does
              > anyone know if this is an error or if there was a sixth child not mentioned?

              In August last year Guy Roberts sent us a list of descendants of Edmund
              Ellwood and Elizabeth Howe, which he said had come from a Peter Ellwood some
              years ago.

              Most of the people on it, however, are descendants of Edmund Ellwood and Anna
              Rudd, and in particular of their son Edmund, born 1700, who married
              Elizabeth.

              Val has been going through it, generation by generation, person by person,
              trying to get more information and to confirm the information (rather
              sketchy) that is already there, and to add new information.

              Some of the information in it seems to be completely wrong.-- for example it
              shows a Mary Preston marrying a John Teasdale, but the children attributed to
              them belonged to a different couple altogether.

              I will upload a revised descendant report, but starting further down, with
              Edmund and Elizabeth, showing what we have found so far, for others who are
              working on this branch of the family.

              Bear in mind that it is a work in progress, and there are some parts of it we
              haven't touched at all.

              We've tried, without success so far, to make contact with the Peter Ellwood
              who drew up the original descendant chart, so we are not sure how he is
              related.

              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 12, 2012
                On 12 Jan 2012 at 9:56, Gillian Mc Kenna wrote:

                > I have William married to Frances Blencarn 24/11/1733 Asby. William bur
                > 23/9/1789 Dufton. William wrote a will dated 14/12/1786 & proved 13/01/1790.
                > Frances bur 22/5/1792 Dufton. Frances was living Murton with dau Anne & family
                > in 1787. Described as "old woman".

                Thanks very much for that -- I've tried to follow up some of those.