Re: Daniel and Ann Abbey

    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 5, 2012
      Hi Laura,

      Daniel bap 27/4/1788 Kendal son of Daniel & Hannah was born 22/4/1788 Hugill & died 1/12/1874 Kendal. He was a Husbandman then an innkeeper. He married Frances Airey 16/9/1816 Kendal.

      This info came from Peter.

      --- In ellwood@yahoogroups.com, "koromiko" <gill.laura1@...> wrote:

      > Hi Everyone,
      >
      > I am a descendant from William Ellwood (1797-1875) and Elizabeth Cheers (1805-1892), thanks to other researchers I know that my line goes back to Edmund Ellwood (1572-1657) & Elizabeth Howe.
      > I have information for William and Elizabeth and their descendants, but am looking for more info on their parents who were Daniel Ellwood and Ann Abbey.
      > Daniel was born June 10 1759 in Kendal and died Dec 1 1842. Ann was born Dec 4 1757.
      > I believe Daniel was a farmer at Otter Bank Skelsmergh, but cant be 100%.
      > They had six children,
      > Hannah 1786
      > Daniel 1788
      > John 1790
      > Edmund 1795
      > Ann 1796
      > William 1797
      > If anyone knows any more about them I would love to hear from you or if you have an interest in my line of the Ellwood's I would be happy to give you more information.
      >
      > Also I visited Dufton in November, so have some photos of John Ellwood gravestone who died 1872 age 77, the church and the inscription in the church as well as a few of Dufton itself. Im sure a few of you will have these yourselves, but just in case thought id meantion it. If anyone is interested il upload them to the yahoo site.
      >

      > Best Wishes
      > Laura

    • O'Brien Family
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 6, 2012
        Hi Laura

        Being new to the group has left me a little overawed by the amount of information the group has acquired and totally amazed by the response to my first posting.

        I personally would be interested in your photos of Dufton even though I have been there.  Sadly the weather was not ideal for photos with incessant showers for our visit.

        Thanks Graham
        Daniel bap 27/4/1788 Kendal son of Daniel & Hannah was born 22/4/1788 Hugill & died 1/12/1874 Kendal. He was a Husbandman then an innkeeper. He married Frances Airey 16/9/1816 Kendal.

        This info came from Peter.

        --- In ellwood@yahoogroups.com, "koromiko" <gill.laura1@...> wrote:

        > Hi Everyone,
        >
        > I am a descendant from William Ellwood (1797-1875) and Elizabeth Cheers (1805-1892), thanks to other researchers I know that my line goes back to Edmund Ellwood (1572-1657) & Elizabeth Howe.
        > I have information for William and Elizabeth and their descendants, but am looking for more info on their parents who were Daniel Ellwood and Ann Abbey.
        > Daniel was born June 10 1759 in Kendal and died Dec 1 1842. Ann was born Dec 4 1757.
        > I believe Daniel was a farmer at Otter Bank Skelsmergh, but cant be 100%.
        > They had six children,
        > Hannah 1786
        > Daniel 1788
        > John 1790
        > Edmund 1795
        > Ann 1796
        > William 1797
        > If anyone knows any more about them I would love to hear from you or if you have an interest in my line of the Ellwood's I would be happy to give you more information.
        >
        > Also I visited Dufton in November, so have some photos of John Ellwood gravestone who died 1872 age 77, the church and the inscription in the church as well as a few of Dufton itself. Im sure a few of you will have these yourselves, but just in case thought id meantion it. If anyone is interested il upload them to the yahoo site.
        >

        > Best Wishes
        > Laura

      • koromiko
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 7, 2012
          Hi All,

          Thanks for the replies.

          Graham - I will try to upload the photos to the site, if that doesnt work il email you them seperatly.

          Gillian - Yes i have been in touch with Peter briefly, more so with Guy Roberts who is also on this site. He sent me a PDF. of the Ellwood line going back to the 1500's, which shows who all the children of Daniel married.

          I have been busy researching other family lines, so will post some more once i have been back over my notes.

          Thanks, Laura