Re: [ellwood] Re: Daniel and Ann Abbey

    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 3, 2012
      On 3 Jan 2012 at 13:31, G ROBERTS wrote:

      > ...and indeed a quick search through the census records, prompted by the
      > previous emails, shows that the bankrupt farmer was indeed the son of William
      > Ellwood and Elizabeth Cheers.   The Edmund Ellwood born 1795 is more than
      > likely the Edmund Ellwood who appears in the 1841 census aged 45 at Hesketh
      > Bank, near Ormskirk in Lancashire, where his occupation is given as Clerk. He
      > appears to be unmarried and he cannot be traced in the 1851 census.   Guy

      The Edmund born 1829, son of William and Elizabeth Cheers, was an auctioneer
      in the 1881 census - perhaps he turned to that after going bankrupt in
      farming?

      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 5, 2012
        Hi Laura,

        Daniel bap 27/4/1788 Kendal son of Daniel & Hannah was born 22/4/1788 Hugill & died 1/12/1874 Kendal. He was a Husbandman then an innkeeper. He married Frances Airey 16/9/1816 Kendal.

        This info came from Peter.

        --- In ellwood@yahoogroups.com, "koromiko" <gill.laura1@...> wrote:

        > Hi Everyone,
        >
        > I am a descendant from William Ellwood (1797-1875) and Elizabeth Cheers (1805-1892), thanks to other researchers I know that my line goes back to Edmund Ellwood (1572-1657) & Elizabeth Howe.
        > I have information for William and Elizabeth and their descendants, but am looking for more info on their parents who were Daniel Ellwood and Ann Abbey.
        > Daniel was born June 10 1759 in Kendal and died Dec 1 1842. Ann was born Dec 4 1757.
        > I believe Daniel was a farmer at Otter Bank Skelsmergh, but cant be 100%.
        > They had six children,
        > Hannah 1786
        > Daniel 1788
        > John 1790
        > Edmund 1795
        > Ann 1796
        > William 1797
        > If anyone knows any more about them I would love to hear from you or if you have an interest in my line of the Ellwood's I would be happy to give you more information.
        >
        > Also I visited Dufton in November, so have some photos of John Ellwood gravestone who died 1872 age 77, the church and the inscription in the church as well as a few of Dufton itself. Im sure a few of you will have these yourselves, but just in case thought id meantion it. If anyone is interested il upload them to the yahoo site.
        >

        > Best Wishes
        > Laura

      • O'Brien Family
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 6, 2012
          Hi Laura

          Being new to the group has left me a little overawed by the amount of information the group has acquired and totally amazed by the response to my first posting.

          I personally would be interested in your photos of Dufton even though I have been there.  Sadly the weather was not ideal for photos with incessant showers for our visit.

          Thanks Graham
          Daniel bap 27/4/1788 Kendal son of Daniel & Hannah was born 22/4/1788 Hugill & died 1/12/1874 Kendal. He was a Husbandman then an innkeeper. He married Frances Airey 16/9/1816 Kendal.

          This info came from Peter.

          --- In ellwood@yahoogroups.com, "koromiko" <gill.laura1@...> wrote:

          > Hi Everyone,
          >
          > I am a descendant from William Ellwood (1797-1875) and Elizabeth Cheers (1805-1892), thanks to other researchers I know that my line goes back to Edmund Ellwood (1572-1657) & Elizabeth Howe.
          > I have information for William and Elizabeth and their descendants, but am looking for more info on their parents who were Daniel Ellwood and Ann Abbey.
          > Daniel was born June 10 1759 in Kendal and died Dec 1 1842. Ann was born Dec 4 1757.
          > I believe Daniel was a farmer at Otter Bank Skelsmergh, but cant be 100%.
          > They had six children,
          > Hannah 1786
          > Daniel 1788
          > John 1790
          > Edmund 1795
          > Ann 1796
          > William 1797
          > If anyone knows any more about them I would love to hear from you or if you have an interest in my line of the Ellwood's I would be happy to give you more information.
          >
          > Also I visited Dufton in November, so have some photos of John Ellwood gravestone who died 1872 age 77, the church and the inscription in the church as well as a few of Dufton itself. Im sure a few of you will have these yourselves, but just in case thought id meantion it. If anyone is interested il upload them to the yahoo site.
          >

          > Best Wishes
          > Laura

        • koromiko
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 7, 2012
            Hi All,

            Thanks for the replies.

            Graham - I will try to upload the photos to the site, if that doesnt work il email you them seperatly.

            Gillian - Yes i have been in touch with Peter briefly, more so with Guy Roberts who is also on this site. He sent me a PDF. of the Ellwood line going back to the 1500's, which shows who all the children of Daniel married.

            I have been busy researching other family lines, so will post some more once i have been back over my notes.

            Thanks, Laura