Re: [ellwood] Re: John Ellwood Dufton

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2012
      On 2 Jan 2012 at 12:07, Gillian Mc Kenna wrote:

      > I have been aware of this will for some time now & have never been able to
      > connect Edmund to "our tree"!
      >
      > Looking back at my notes, I have found:
      >
      > Burial record in Dufton - 13/08/1803 Edmund Ellwood, Yeoman, age 81
      >
      > This means he was born 1722.
      >
      > Edmund Elwood bap 21/1/1722 Clifton & brother John bap 10/8/1732
      > Clifton, sons of John Elwood (no mention of mother). Other siblings
      > include:Jane, Ann, Dorothy, Mary 1 & 2, George.
      >
      > I did think that John the father was:
      >
      > John Elwood bap 14/10/1694 Dufton son of Edmond Elwood & Dorothy
      > Spedding.

      Val has been looking at it for most of the day, trying to find possible
      candidates for people mentioned in the 1803 will. When she's more or less
      done, We'll upload a report for others to compare with their data, and we can
      see which links we agree on, which we disagree on, and which need more
      evidence.