(Fwd) Re: Which Thomas and Mary

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 27, 2011
      Here's an answer, for now, to the question I posed a while back.

      From: "Stan Catterall" <ascatterall@...>
      To: <shayes@...>
      Copies to: "McKenna Gillian" <Gillian.McKenna@...>
      Subject: Re: Which Thomas and Mary
      Date sent: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 10:47:54 +0100

      Hello again Steve,

      I concur with Gillian re children of Thomas and Mary Loy. Three died in
      infancy and don't know of any marriage/children for Robert or Sarah. For the
      record Thomas married twice more after the death of Mary Loy; Mary Ellwood on
      13/04/1783 (no issue) and of course, Elizabeth Willon 23/11/1784.

      You are correct that I am descended from Ann Ellwood & Thomas Parker (they
      were my grt, grt, grandparents) and, as I like to boast when I get a chance,
      another stem (via their son Thomas) connects to the royal family.

      With respect there is no evidence of a link to Thomas Ellwood & Elizabeth
      Dobson, though the debate seems unending. I have a Thomas on my tree born
      'about' 1670, but who his parents were and baptism date are not known,
      because
      there is a gap in the parish records for this period.

      Regards

      Stan