Re: [ellwood] FRANCIS ELWOOD(ELLWOOD)BORN1813 ONTARIO CANADA

  • Frank Erskine
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 9, 2011
      On Wed, 09 Nov 2011 21:12:12 -0000, you wrote:

      >SEARCHING FOR IMFO ON GREATGRANDFATHER FRANCIS ELWOOD BORN 1813 ENGLAND DIED JUNE 19 1896 HOUGHTON TWP. NORFOLK COUNTY ( WELLAND AREA ) ONTARIO CANADA. FIRST WIFE MARY ANN BORN 1816 DIED MAY 31 1878. SECOND WIFE ? NANCY HALBERT BORN 1848 DIED SEPT 17 1921 THEIR SON AMOS FRANCIS ELWOOD BORN AUG 8 1883 DIED WINDSOR ON 1955 MY GRANDPA AMOS FRANCIS MARRIED CECILE EMERY.

      I wonder if it might be possible to add a bit of punctuation and
      restructure this sentence into a few "family groups"...

      TBH, it's extremely difficult to decide who is related to what!

      Sorry :-)

      ps - also "shouting" in all upper case is very difficult to read.

      --
      Frank Erskine
      Sunderland
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 9, 2011
        --- In ellwood@yahoogroups.com, Frank Erskine <frank.erskine@...> wrote:

        > On Wed, 09 Nov 2011 21:12:12 -0000, you wrote:
        >
        > >SEARCHING FOR IMFO ON :
        GREATGRANDFATHER FRANCIS ELWOOD BORN : 1813 ENGLAND .
        DIED : JUNE 19 1896 HOUGHTON TWP. NORFOLK COUNTY ( WELLAND AREA ) ONTARIO CANADA.
        FIRST WIFE MARY ANN BORN :1816 DIED : MAY 31 1878.
        SECOND WIFE ? NANCY HALBERT BORN 1848 DIED SEPT 17 1921
        SON AMOS FRANCIS ELWOOD BORN :AUG 8 1883
        DIED WINDSOR ON 1955
        AMOS FRANCIS MARRIED CECILE EMERY.
        HOPE THIS IS EASIER TO READ. I'M A NOVICE AT THS. P.S. I LOVE CAPS SORRY
        THANK YOU FRANK FOR YOUR HELP . BLESSINGS BARBIE DEMERS

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 10, 2011
          Hi Barbie,

          Welcome to the group.

          Do you have Francis Ellwood b1813 in any census?

          I tried looking for him in 1881 but can't see him.

          I presume you only have "England" as place of birth?

          Also I think that Canadian death records are quite good as they give parents names??

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 10, 2011
            Ah here he is:

            1881 Census of Canada
            Name: Frances Ellwood
            Gender: Male
            Marital Status: Widowed
            Age: 67
            Birth Year: 1814
            Birthplace: England
            Religion: Methodist
            Nationality: English
            Occupation: Farmer
            Province: Ontario
            District Number: 157
            District: Norfolk South
            Sub-District Number: A
            Subdistrict: Houghton
            Division: 1
            Household Members: Name Age
            Frances Ellwood 67
            Nancy Halbert 34 (Housekeeper)
            Skovellen Halbert 5
            John Halbert 2

            And

            1871 Census of Canada
            Name: Francis Ellwood
            Gender: Male
            Age: 57
            Birth Year: abt 1814
            Birth Place: England
            Marital Status: Married
            Religion: Methodist
            Origin: English
            Province: Ontario
            District: Welland
            District Number: 19
            Subdistrict: Fort Erie
            Subdistrict Number: d
            Neighbors: View others on page
            Household Members: Name Age
            Francis Ellwood 57
            Mary Ann Ellwood 55
            William Ellwood 11
            Elizabeth Ellwood 12

            Parents born England, children Ontario.

            Also

            1891 Census of Canada

            Name: Francis Elwood
            Gender: Male
            Marital Status: Married
            Age: 77
            Birth Year: abt 1814
            Birthplace: England
            Relation to Head of House: Head
            Religion: Methodist
            French Canadian: No
            Father's Birth Place: England
            Mother's Birth Place: England
            Province: Ontario
            District Number: 97
            District: Norfolk South
            Subdistrict: Houghton
            Neighbors: View others on page
            Household Members: Name Age
            Francis Elwood 77
            Nancy Albert 48 (Widow) - housekeeper

            And his death:

            Ontario, Canada, Deaths, 1869-1938 and Deaths Overseas, 1939-1947
            Name: Francis Olson
            [Francis Elwood]
            Death Date: 19 Jun 1896
            Death County or District: Norfolk
            Age: 83
            Gender: Male
            Estimated Birth Year: abt 1813
            Birth Location: England

            Source Citation: Archives of Ontario, Series MS935, Reel 80

            Occupation - Farmer
            died of inflammation of bowel - ill for 5 days

            Doesn't help with where he came from though, unfortunately!

            Gillian

            --- In ellwood@yahoogroups.com, "Gillian Mc Kenna" <gillianmckenna@...> wrote:

            > Hi Barbie,
            >
            > Welcome to the group.
            >
            > Do you have Francis Ellwood b1813 in any census?
            >
            > I tried looking for him in 1881 but can't see him.
            >
            > I presume you only have "England" as place of birth?
            >
            > Also I think that Canadian death records are quite good as they give parents names??
            >
            > Regards,
            >
            > Gillian
            >
            > --- In ellwood@yahoogroups.com, "barbiedemers" <barbiedemers@> wrote:
            > >

            > > --- In ellwood@yahoogroups.com, Frank Erskine <frank.erskine@> wrote:

            > > GREATGRANDFATHER FRANCIS ELWOOD BORN : 1813 ENGLAND .
            > > DIED : JUNE 19 1896 HOUGHTON TWP. NORFOLK COUNTY ( WELLAND AREA ) ONTARIO CANADA.
            > > FIRST WIFE MARY ANN BORN :1816 DIED : MAY 31 1878.
            > > SECOND WIFE ? NANCY HALBERT BORN 1848 DIED SEPT 17 1921
            > > SON AMOS FRANCIS ELWOOD BORN :AUG 8 1883
            > > DIED WINDSOR ON 1955
            > > AMOS FRANCIS MARRIED CECILE EMERY.
            > > HOPE THIS IS EASIER TO READ. I'M A NOVICE AT THS. P.S. I LOVE CAPS SORRY
            > > THANK YOU FRANK FOR YOUR HELP . BLESSINGS BARBIE DEMERS
            > >

            > > > I wonder if it might be possible to add a bit of punctuation and
            > > > restructure this sentence into a few "family groups"...
            > > >
            > > > TBH, it's extremely difficult to decide who is related to what!
            > > >
            > > > Sorry :-)
            > > >
            > > > ps - also "shouting" in all upper case is very difficult to read.
            > > >
            > > > --
            > > > Frank Erskine
            > > > Sunderland

          • BARBIE DEMERS
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 11, 2011
              THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP ! I RELLY APPRECIATE YOU TAKING THE TIME  BLESSINGS BARBIE