338Re: George Ellwood, born 1788 in Cartmell

  • jerrywh57
    Jul 27, 2014
      Hi Nicola,

      Yes, that would make us 4th cousins once removed by my reckoning.

      I would appreciate it if you could send me the references to George that you found in the newspaper archive. I do remember seeing one reference to an auction held at the Packet Boat but I'd be interested to see more.

      Do you (or anyone else) have a copy of the marriage of James ELLWOOD to Margaret LONG in Lancaster that seemed to emanate from Peter ELLWOOD? Annoyingly a search of Ancestry shows a thumbnail of it but if you click on it to view the actual document it says that tree has been removed.

      I found a baptism for a Margaret LONG in the Cartmel Lancs OPC records (7 Apr 1766, daughter of Nicholas LONG of Cartmel Fell). Any thoughts on whether this could be James's 2nd wife? The date is just about spot on for the age at burial of James's widow in Cartmel in 1821.

      Regards,
      Jeremy

      ---In ellwood@yahoogroups.com, <hayesstw@...> wrote :

      Welcome to a new member, who is interested in George Ellwood, born 1788 in
      Cartmell, Lancashire.

      Please introduce yourself and your research, in case anyone else connects.

      We believe George was the son of John Ellwood, spouse unknown, and we know
      nothing of the descendants of George or his siblings, so it would be very
      interesting to learn what you have.

      Blog: http://hayesgreene.wordpress.com
      Web: http://www.khanya.org.za/famhist1.htm