335Re: [ellwood] Samuel & Hannah Ellwood

  • Nicola Thwaite
    Jul 25, 2014
      Hi Steve,

      I think you might have been typing too fast and inadvertently missed out a generation in your message: John, son of James's 2nd marriage, married Eleanor Harrington, I think.

      Nicola

      Sent from my iPad

      On 25 Jul 2014, at 10:08, "'Steve Hayes' hayesstw@... [ellwood]" <ellwood@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      On 24 Jul 2014 at 13:55, 'Steve Hayes' hayesstw@telkom wrote:

      > These concern James the son of Samuel Ellwood.

      After connecting a few dots, we see that James Ellwood, son of Samuel &
      Hannah, apparently for a second time at Lancaster (thanks Nicola).

      This enabled us to identify him with a James Ellwood we already had in our
      database, who married Eleanor Harrington in Bootle, Cumberland, in 1825, And
      had 9 children (that we know about).

      We have recorded marriages/descendants for four of these children (Thomas,
      Eleanor, Samuel and Esther), and will gladly share what we have with others
      who may be interested in these families.

      If we've made the wrong identification, would someone please let us know.

      Blog: http://hayesgreene.wordpress.com
      Web: http://www.khanya.org.za/famhist1.htm