320Re: [ellwood] George Ellwood, born 1788 in Cartmell

  • Nicola
    Jul 19, 2014
      Lancs OPC gives his father as James, rather than John.

      Baptism: 19 Oct 1788 Priory Church of St Mary and St Michael, Cartmel, Lancs.
      George Ellwood - Son of James Ellwood
          Born: 25 Sep
          Abode: Alithwaite
          Register: Baptisms 1780 - 1810 from the Bishop's Transcripts, Page 22, Entry 4

      As this comes from the BT, does it contradict the PR, Steve? I'd be glad to know if so.

      I think James is my 5xGt Uncle, so will also be interested to hear any details of George's descendants.

      Nicola

      On 19 Jul 2014, at 09:03, "'Steve Hayes' hayesstw@... [ellwood]" <ellwood@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Welcome to a new member, who is interested in George Ellwood, born 1788 in
      Cartmell, Lancashire.

      Please introduce yourself and your research, in case anyone else connects.

      We believe George was the son of John Ellwood, spouse unknown, and we know
      nothing of the descendants of George or his siblings, so it would be very
      interesting to learn what you have.

      Blog: http://hayesgreene.wordpress.com
      Web: http://www.khanya.org.za/famhist1.htm