318Re: [ellwood] Descendants of John Tallon and Agnes Ellwood

    Jul 15, 2014
      On 11 Jul 2014 at 10:19, 'Steve Hayes' hayesstw@telkom wrote:

      > We have been looking at the descendants of John TALLON and Agnes ELLWWOD, who
      > were married in Ulverston, Lancs in 1855 and emigrated to the USA.
      > Many of their American descendants believe that Agnes was the daughter of John
      > ELLWOOD and Mary SHEPHERD of Westmorland, but we believe that she was the
      > daughter of John ELLWOOD and Agnes HARRISON.

      We've written up the story of THREE Agnes Ellwoods born in the 1830s here:

      Two of them, first cousins, emigrated to to America, while many of the
      American descendants claim to be descended from the third, unrelated one, who
      stayed at home.

      Blog: http://hayesgreene.wordpress.com
      Web: http://www.khanya.org.za/famhist1.htm