314Re: [ellwood] Ellwoods of Brough under Stainmore

  • gillianmckenna
    Jun 27, 2014
      Hi

      I had a go looking for the John Ellwood/Margaret family in the 1787 census. All the children I have found were born in Brough under Stainmore 1773-1783. The family doesn't appear to be in BUS in 1787. I cannot locate them anywhere else.

      Same problem with the children of Mark and Ann Ellwood. Mark and Ann are in BUS in 1787 with daughter Margaret. Cannot locate the other children who were mostly unmarried at the time except the son Mark who was living in Penrith at the time of the census therefore not covered.

      Here is Mark and Ann Ellwood in the 1787 Westmorland census:

      Mark ELWOOD

      Master of Family

      Poor Family

      Ann ELWOOD