312Re: [ellwood] Ellwoods of Brough under Stainmore

    Jun 22, 2014
      On 16 Jun 2014 at 5:01, Gillian Mc kenna gillianmcken wrote:

      > Yes I have seen a few trees with this John ( son of Mark) married to Ann
      > Waistell. Mark Ellwood is in my direct line but I have never known for sure
      > what happened to John his son. I was always a bit unsure about the John/Ann
      > marriage as this family and descendants seem to have money and property and my
      > Mark appeared to be a lot poorer.
      >
      > I have looked into the other parents John and Margaret. I think that John
      > married Margaret Gosling 20/05/1769 St Michael's Appleby. They had 5 children
      > all baptised Brough under Stainmore: Elizabeth 1770, John 1773, Thomas 1776,
      > Edmund 1779 and George 1783. I have not worked out the father John's parents.
      > Do you know?

      I don't know, that's why I was asking :-)

      Val was looking at it a couple of weeks ago, and I was checking it, and
      finding some uncertainties. We have the John Ellwood who married Ann Waistell
      as the son of Mark Ellwood and Anne Loadman, but if that is wrong we; need to
      unlink them.