295Re: [ellwood] Descendants of Timothy Ellwood b 1779 and Mary Withers b 1782

  • Gillian Mc kenna
    May 3, 2014
      Hi Val

      Thanks for that. I don't have Timothy but I do have his parents John and Jane.

      I have not really research this part of our Ellwood tree.

      On Saturday, May 3, 2014 6:23 AM, Val Hayes <val.hayes@...> wrote:

      Hi Gillian,
      Steve is currently working on our database but this is the information from my working notes:

      he was the son of John Ellwood b 1754 who married Jane Coulthred b 1753

      Name: Timothy Ellwood
      Gender: Male
      Baptism/Christening Date: 18 Mar 1779
      Baptism/Christening Place: Underbarrow, Westmoreland, England
      Birth Date: 09 Mar 1779
      Birthplace:
       Death Date:
      Name Note:
      Race:
      Father's Name: John Ellwood
      Father's Birthplace:
      Father's Age:
      Mother's Name: Jane
      Mother's Birthplace:
      Mother's Age:
      Indexing Project (Batch) Number: C00471-2
      System Origin: England-VR
      Source Film Number: 1471683
      Reference Number: 2:3981ZFC

      England Marriages, 1538–1973

      marriage:12 May 1776 —Underbarrow, Westmoreland, England
      spouse:Jane Coulthred

      record title:England Marriages, 1538–1973
      groom's name:John Elwood
      bride's name:Jane Coulthred
      marriage date:12 May 1776
      marriage place:Underbarrow, Westmoreland, England
      indexing project (batch) number:M00471-2
      system origin:England-ODM
      source film number:1471683

      Name: Jane Coultherd
      Gender: Female
      Baptism/Christening Date: 23 Sep 1753
       Baptism/Christening Place: KENDAL,WESTMORLAND,ENGLAND
       Birth Date: Birthplace: Death Date: Name Note: Race:
      Father's Name: Timothy Coultherd
      Father's Birthplace:
       Father's Age:
      Mother's Name: Jane
       Mother's Birthplace:
      Mother's Age: I
      ndexing Project (Batch) Number: C00311-3 System Origin: England-ODM Source Film Number: 973138

      John was the son of Samuel Ellwood b 1826 and Hannah Barrow

      Samuel Elwood

      England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975

      residence:Dufton, Westmorland, England
      parents:Edmund Elwood, Elizabeth

      record title:England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975
      name:Samuel Elwood
      gender:Male
      baptism/christening date:13 Oct 1726
      baptism/christening place:, DUFTON, WESTMORLAND, ENGLAND
      father's name:Edmund Elwood
      mother's name:Elizabeth
      indexing project (batch) number:C05538-2
      system origin:England-VR
      source film number:97367

      Samuel was the son of Edmund Elwood b 1700 and Elizabeth Robinson and he in turn was the son of Edmund Ellwood b 1666 and Anne Rudd  (this is the point at which my own tree joins theirs) thence back via the Christophers (1631) and (1589) to the old Edmund

      I know that both you and Steve have talked a lot about these old generations and that our database is probably more accurate than the figures above but this is where he fits in
      have a lovely day
      regards
      Val

      On Fri, May 2, 2014 at 7:58 PM, Gillian Mc kenna <gillianmckenna@...> wrote:

      Hi Val,

      Who were Timothy's parents?

      On Friday, May 2, 2014 6:13 AM, Val Hayes <val.hayes@...> wrote:

      Many years ago we received a six page family tree of “Descendants of Edmund Ellwood” and over the years I have piece by piece been going through it and trying to (1) verify the information, (2) extend the individual families down to the present.  This has been sitting on the back-burner for at least three years, but now, since I retired at the end of February I have once again taken up the task, concentrating on the descendants of Timothy Ellwood 1779 and his wife Mary Withers b 1782
      Over the past month I have been working on the descendants of Hannah Ellwood b 1820 who married John Croasdell b 1805.  I have only managed to find descendants for their son John b 1849, most of their other children seem to have died young.  I was lucky to find the really useful website of Diane Waters which links to the Ellwood family at this address.  It is very informative and has photographs.
      John Married to Agnes Roberta Dickenson b 1852 and they had 11 children. I have managed to trace quite a lot on four of them.  Their one son John b 1876 married a Sarah Ridding B 1878 who was herself a granddaughter of  Isabella Ellwood B1824 sister of Hannah Ellwood (John’s Grandmother) who married George Ridding b 1816. I have done quite a bit of work on this family too.
      If there is anyone out there who is working on either or both of these families I would be most grateful for any input and will of course be happy to share more detail on what I have found to date.
      Val Hayes

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic