194Re: Thomas Ellwood born 1747

    Mar 6, 2012
      Hi Everyone,

      I have now a copy of Thomas' will dated 3rd Sept 1838 and proved 14th June 1839.

      As I suspected Thomas does not mention any of his family from his first marriage.

      The will mentions:

      His wife Elizabeth
      His daughter Mary wife of Joseph Chambers
      His daughter Jane Ellwood spinster
      His daughter Hannah wife of George Stephenson
      His only son John Ellwood
      Executor: John Ellwood the son
      Witnesses: John Heely junior of Appleby
      Jonathon Bounbridge.

      --- In ellwood@yahoogroups.com, "Gillian Mc Kenna" <gillianmckenna@...> wrote:

      > Hi All,
      >
      > On second thoughts, I don't think any of his 1st family children survived (Thomas & Mary Loy).
      >
      > I know that:
      > Edmund 1772-1783
      > Thomas 1774-1779
      > William 1776 - 1783
      >
      > Robert b1773
      > Sarah b1775
      >
      > No burial for these two, however, in the 1787 census of Dufton they are not with their father:
      >
      > Thos ELLWOOD
      > Head
      > Farmer
      >
      > Eliz ELLWOOD
      > Wife
      >
      > Mary ELLWOOD
      > Daughter
      >
      > Eliz ELLWOOD
      > Daughter
      >
      > Jno TUER
      > Miner
      >
      > They would have been aged 12 & 14 yrs.
      >
      > Maybe in Thomas' will there will be no mention of his 1st family's children as they were all dead??
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > Gillian
      >

      > --- In ellwood@yahoogroups.com, "Gillian Mc Kenna" <gillianmckenna@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi All,
      > >
      > > Does anyone have his will proved 1839?
      > >
      > > It would be interesting to see which children he mentions that could proved he married Elizabeth Willon & Mary Loy.
      > >
      > > Regards,
      > >
      > > Gillian
      > >
      > > --- In ellwood@yahoogroups.com, "O'Brien Family" <nagemasset@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Sorry I didn't word it well in hindsight.
      > > >
      > > > Thomas 's birthday is prior to October of every year.
      > > > Thomas marrys Mary Ellwood April 1783 he is 36.
      > > > Therefore October 1783 Thomas turns 37.
      > > > October 1784 Thomas turns 38.
      > > > November 1784 Thomas marrys Elizabeth Willon BUT this Thomas states his age as 37.
      > > > I agree all the marriage certificates date back to a 1747 birth

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic