191Re: Thomas Ellwood born 1747

    Jan 23, 2012
      Hi All,

      On second thoughts, I don't think any of his 1st family children survived (Thomas & Mary Loy).

      I know that:
      Edmund 1772-1783
      Thomas 1774-1779
      William 1776 - 1783

      Robert b1773
      Sarah b1775

      No burial for these two, however, in the 1787 census of Dufton they are not with their father:

      Thos ELLWOOD
      Head
      Farmer

      Eliz ELLWOOD
      Wife

      Mary ELLWOOD
      Daughter

      Eliz ELLWOOD
      Daughter

      Jno TUER
      Miner

      They would have been aged 12 & 14 yrs.

      Maybe in Thomas' will there will be no mention of his 1st family's children as they were all dead??

      --- In ellwood@yahoogroups.com, "Gillian Mc Kenna" <gillianmckenna@...> wrote:

      > Hi All,
      >
      > Does anyone have his will proved 1839?
      >
      > It would be interesting to see which children he mentions that could proved he married Elizabeth Willon & Mary Loy.
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > Gillian
      >
      > --- In ellwood@yahoogroups.com, "O'Brien Family" <nagemasset@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Sorry I didn't word it well in hindsight.
      > >
      > > Thomas 's birthday is prior to October of every year.
      > > Thomas marrys Mary Ellwood April 1783 he is 36.
      > > Therefore October 1783 Thomas turns 37.
      > > October 1784 Thomas turns 38.
      > > November 1784 Thomas marrys Elizabeth Willon BUT this Thomas states his age as 37.
      > > I agree all the marriage certificates date back to a 1747 birth

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic