Re: Welcome!

  • Lsoltone
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 27, 1998

      I'm GLAD that you joined the list!! Welcome!!

      Now, lets see where to start.

      Prescriptives are those activities that the mentor believes will cement our
      parenting philosophies in homes that are struggling. A prescriptive would be
      make a paddle together. A prescriptive would be to clean the child's room
      together, without warning (using a particular pattern of cleaning where
      drawers
      are emptied and re-arranged) etc.

      As for the free forms... forgive me. They are not yet on line, but will
      likely be
      later this week.

      Most of the Mentors we have trained are from the non-liturgical churches.
      They are
      in Hong Kong, Australia, England, Canada, and of course, in about 7 states in
      the
      US.

      I hope this has been helpful. Ask more questions and tell others about us.

      Phil

      ____________

      I guess I am dense but I suppose the problem is that I don't fully understand
      the "philosophy" yet. Since you are surrounded by Independant Baptists in
      Kentucky you probably have a good idea of the parenting philosophy my dh and I
      follow. The Bible is our parenting guide and we look to other sources only in
      so far as they help us to understand the biblical approach to child rearing.
      We have read the books by Dr. Jack Hyles or training children and teenagers
      and the books of Dr. John Rice particularly his The Home: Courtship, Marriage
      and Children. When we were married the church family gave us a copy of the
      Fabrizio's pamphlet, Under Loving Command. All newly weds received it. Are
      you familiar with the Fabrizio's?

      In His Name,
      Lisa

    • Phillip Blansett
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 16, 1998
        Welcome:

        ytwater@...

        To the elijah mailing list. Tells us about yourelf,
        ytwater@..., like who you are, and where from.

        Phil
        --
        Phillip L. Blansett, Ph.D.