Script For Names

  • elmoandthecookiemonster
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 17, 2007
      Hi.
      I was wondering if someone could help with a translation.
      I've managed to find a translation for my first name 'Emma' on the
      original Elfscript site
      (http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/elfscript/message/5527), but
      wanted my middle name, 'Louise' translated into the same kind of
      script. I have tried once or twice myself but I'm having trouble
      understanding it all! Any help would be greatly appreciated. : )
    • Lucy
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 19, 2007
        Hello,

        here you are what you've requested - your name Louise TRANSCRIBED in
        Tengwar.

        Both writings are similar in "saying", they differ only in
        expressing / transcribing the three-vowel cluster OUI: the first one
        simply uses a single tehta for each vowel, the second one uses a
        double cluster OU plus I-tehta over a modified silme.

        For any further questions - go ahead.
        Cheers,
        Lucy

        --- In elfscript2@yahoogroups.com, "elmoandthecookiemonster"

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 23, 2007
          Hi thanks for that, absolutely brilliant! Much better than I managed
          to do it too!!

          And sorry for getting transcribed and translated mixed up!

          Thanks a again, you're a star!

          Em : )