A Suggestion

  • Jerry Aurand(Fillan)
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 22, 2002
      I just reviewed all the newsletters since sometime in January. I
      noticed that some of the most common topics for the messages here are
      requests for transliterations and/or translations for rings and
      tattoos. With such a high level of demand, I'm surprised that it
      hasn't occurred to anyone that it might be worthwhile to have a
      dedicated site for such requests. In particular, I agree that I find
      the desire to use the One Ring and its Black Speech inscription as a
      model for a wedding band to be, at the least, of questionable taste.
      But if interested people could actually see less objectionable
      alternatives they hopefully might prefer them. There might also be a
      demand for greeting cards or invitations (wedding or party) written
      in English/Quenya/Sindarin with the tengwar that one could print out
      or e-mail. I certainly would like to see this. At the very least,
      such materials could be inspiration.

      As my heading suggests, it's merely a suggestion!

      Almacundo

      http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

      http://www.netzero.net/?refcd=N2P0602NEP8
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 25, 2002
        teithant "Jerry Aurand(Fillan)"

        > I just reviewed all the newsletters since sometime
        > in January. I
        > noticed that some of the most common topics for the
        > messages here are
        > requests for transliterations and/or translations
        > for rings and
        > tattoos. With such a high level of demand, I'm
        > surprised that it
        > hasn't occurred to anyone that it might be
        > worthwhile to have a
        > dedicated site for such requests. In particular, I

        I thought making a site dedicated to this, with photos
        of rings and tattoos, and i requested pics sometime
        ago..

        i had never heard from some people since they offered
        to send their pics after the tattoo/ring was done :(

        so, sorry for being pesky again, but i re-please you
        (and other who first time hear about that... i am
        still waiting for your pics!! :((

        thank you