Re: Primative Rumil/Tengwar - Elven Magic?

  • Michael Adams
    Message 1 of 3 , May 17, 2002
      Agreed Wendy, I know the Elves and Vala/Maia are telepathic, atleast the
      Elves are not as much as the Vala/Maia, but Rumil likely went thru
      various incarnations of his script until he got it right, yes, just as
      Prof Tolkien did with it in our world/expression.

      I do expect there was some script that existed, maybe not a written one
      like Tengwar and like, but one of pictures, much like we use pictures
      for the mens room. Or did they use musical or magical markers, so that
      an Elf or like could just look at the item and see the picture/image/etc.

      Sort of like being able to see in the infra-red, and someone leaving a
      heat tab on a door in a certain way, that can only be seen in the infrared.

      Mike