Re: [elfscript] 'You' and 'may' in English tehta mode

  • Arden R. Smith
    Message 1 of 5 , May 11, 2002
      Ewan wrote:

      >You:
      >a) anna o-tehta-on-vala (as in the Brogan letter)
      >b) anna o-tehta-on-carrier u-tehta-on-carrier
      >c) anna o-tehta-on-├║re
      >
      >May:
      >a) malta a-tehta-on-carrier y-tehta-on-carrier
      >b) malta a-tehta-on-anna
      >c) malta a-tehta-on-yanta
      >
      >Right now I'm leaning towards option c in each case,
      >but I'd be grateful for any advice!

      Keep on leaning that way! I've been writing my diary in an English
      tehta mode since 1983, and I use the spellings that you give as (c)
      for both of these words. They're not the only acceptable options, of
      course, but they're both perfectly valid.

      Arden R. Smith erilaz@...

      --Lewis Carroll,
      _Through the Looking-glass_