Re: Wedding Ring

  • tertiary_adjunct
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 18, 2002
      thanks for the help and I will post a picture of it when it is done
      (assuming the engraver can handle it).

      The ring itself looks like the One Ring from the movie Lord of the
      Rings: Fellowship of the Rings (why we picked it) except that it is
      white gold instead of yellow gold.

      -Jason

      --- In elfscript@y..., Gildor Inglorion <elfiness@y...> wrote:

      > teithant tertiary_adjunct
      >
      > > We would like the message to read:
      >
      > Beloved Soulmate
      >
      > * gee thats hard...
      >
      > melima feanoona
      >
      > > I would like this written in Quenya (I think - though I don't
      know
      > Tolkien's language systems well) using the same font that was on
      the
      > One Ring.
      >
      > write the following in Word or Wordpad or whatever
      >
      > t$j%t# eR`C5~N7Y
      >
      > mark it, and pick the TengwarCursive font.. you will get the result
      >
      > > My fiance found a translation which is: Chev Sh'mai
      >
      > * its not Tolkien's Elvish
      >
      > > I would greatly appreciate any help that can be provided. I am
      going
      > to take a Tolkien language class in the fall but that is after the
      > wedding.
      >
      > * i need a picture of your ring mailed to me please after you do
      that :)

    • gildir_1
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 23, 2002
        --- In elfscript@y..., "Harri Perälä" <harri.perala@l...> wrote:

        > Of course, it is a good idea to check that too before having the
        > inscription made. The Quenya mode is described in detail at
        > <http://hem.passagem.se/mansb/at/quenya.htm>

        This URL has a typo; it should be

        http://hem.passagen.se/mansb/at/quenya.htm

        And here's a shameless plug for my own Tengwar guides:

        http://www.forodrim.org/daeron/md_teng_primers.html

        Cheers,
        Gildir, Per Lindberg