tengwar tattoos, rings etc

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 16 10:06 AM

      Hallo all...

      Many have asked help on writing tengwar inscriptions on rings or tatoos, and of course, received it :)

      if you are reading this message i would like to tell you that i would be interested having photos of your tattoo, ring, or whatever with the text showing as good as possible...

      with your permission, i am going to upload them to a page having to do with the tengwar fashion.. if you dont want this very personal item of yours uploaded, i still would like a pic of it just out of personal curiosity :)

      hoping on feedback...

    • Andre Khalip
      Message 2 of 3 , May 29, 2002
        Greetings!
        I know it's more for elfling, but I once got plenty of help from this list and the question is pretty easy for ye scholars...
        Am I right in assuming that Friend of the Eagles translates into Sindarin as Thorondil? Am looking for a name for my trike (big motorcycle with 3 wheels)... first thought about Thorondor, but guess Thorondil is more original, and less ambitious meaning-wise. Or am I just mixing up Sindarin and Quenya again? Am not planning to use Tengwar, so no worries about that.
        All help most welcome.
        Thanks.

        Message 3 of 3 , May 29, 2002
          teithant Andre Khalip

          > Am I right in assuming that Friend of the Eagles
          > translates into Sindarin as Thorondil? Am looking
          > for a name for my trike (big motorcycle with 3
          > wheels)... first thought about Thorondor, but guess
          > Thorondil is more original, and less ambitious
          > meaning-wise. Or am I just mixing up Sindarin and
          > Quenya again? Am not planning to use Tengwar, so no

          * Thorondil is Vanyarin/ancient Quenya.. the later
          Quenaywould be Sorondil.. both are acceptable