Re: [elfscript] how to type a phrase

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 9, 2002

      teithant angelbaby

      > i would like to know what letters to type to write the phrase:-

      elleth lachfinniel

      in sindarin using tengwar cursive in the 'wordpad' programme

      * one possible way is

       ljjl3 j]de`5`lj

    • Abrigon
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 9, 2002
        Could always type it out in Paint or like grafix editing program, and
        post the result as an attachment. Best to save the file as a Jpeg/Jpg
        or like with minimum of colors (2) to keep the file small.

        2meg Bmp files can be saved as 20k Jpg files (sometimes).

        Mike

        --- In elfscript@y..., Gildor Inglorion <elfiness@y...> wrote:

        > teithant angelbaby
        >
        > > i would like to know what letters to type to write the phrase:-
        >
        > elleth lachfinniel
        >
        > in sindarin using tengwar cursive in the 'wordpad' programme
        >
        > * one possible way is
        >
        > ljjl3 j]de`5`lj

      • angelbaby
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 10, 2002
          Abrigon wrote:

          > Could always type it out in Paint or like grafix editing program, and
          > post the result as an attachment. Best to save the file as a Jpeg/Jpg
          > or like with minimum of colors (2) to keep the file small.
          >
          > 2meg Bmp files can be saved as 20k Jpg files (sometimes).

          thankyou, i have made a jpeg of the 2 possiilities for my tattoo and
          attached it as a jpeg.

          have i typed the phrases correctly and which does anyone think looks
          better? (it would be inked as a band across the top of my wrist in
          black). i think i prefer the look of the phrase in quenya, though for
          correctness i would prefer the sindarin.

          angelbaby

          > Mike
          >
          > --- In elfscript@y..., Gildor Inglorion <elfiness@y...> wrote:
          > >
          > > teithant angelbaby
          > >
          > > > i would like to know what letters to type to write the phrase:-
          > >
          > > elleth lachfinniel
          > >
          > > in sindarin using tengwar cursive in the 'wordpad' programme
          > >
          > > * one possible way is
          > >
          > > ljjl3 j]de`5`lj

          thankyou very much.