Please reassure me!

  • Harman, Ian
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 5, 2002
      Hi there,

      I am also thinking of getting a tattoo done. I have looked over most of the
      web sites and settled on the inscription

      Elenion Ancalima - "brightest of Stars"
      i put it into the teng scribe with tengwar cursive and then chose the black
      speech as used on the ring inscription.
      can you tell me if this is the right procedure?
      obviously it's up to me if i like what it looks like but i dont want to f**k
      it up.
      cheers
    • gildir_1
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 5, 2002
        --- In elfscript@y..., "Harman, Ian" <iharman@p...> wrote:
        > Hi there,
        >
        > I am also thinking of getting a tattoo done. I have looked over
        most of the
        > web sites and settled on the inscription
        >
        > Elenion Ancalima - "brightest of Stars"
        > i put it into the teng scribe with tengwar cursive and then chose
        the black
        > speech as used on the ring inscription.
        > can you tell me if this is the right procedure?

        Well, the phrase _Elenion Ancalima_ is Quenya, not Black Speech.
        The tengwar are used differently, depending on language. So
        choose _Quenya_, and you'll be closer to your target.

        Suilaid!
        Gildir