Palmtops and their uses

  • Mike Adams
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1 8:48 PM
      Anyone use their palmtop and like device to help them in their endevour?

      What programs, fonts, and like do you have for others to share? URLs and
      sites are appreciated.

      Any ideas of the future of like devices?

      Mike

    • aldarperihelion
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 2 5:23 AM
        --- In elfscript@y..., Mike Adams <abrigon@y...> wrote:
        > Anyone use their palmtop and like device to help them in their
        endevour?

        I have looked into this a little. The struggle I found is that my
        device (a Palm IIIe) uses bitmap fonts. Each of these fonts holds 255
        characters.

        Assuming that all the tehtar can appear over all of the tengwar, we
        need 4 columns X 10 rows (of basic tengwar) X 5 tehtar (triple dots,
        accent, over curl, under curl, and single dot) = 200. If we add
        chevron, over circumflex... we end up with 280.

        This doesn't include the over, inside and under bars, (whine, whine
        whine). I have to believe that the device can be set up to do this
        because it can support chinese. While my chinese is non-existant I
        believe it would have more than 255 characters in it (somebody
        correct me).

        So it would require a little more know-how than just editting up a
        font.

        Note: This problem would go away if the MicroStuff Windows CE
        supports TTF. I would have to get a new device (and put up with my
        constant griping about MicroSoft products).

        The only thing I do use my palm device for is that I
        have "Quettaparma Quenyanna Version 1.3" in DOC format on it for
        looking up words.

        Carey