Re: [elfscript] Elvish Vocabulary and grammer

  • Kassandra Velez
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 31, 1969
      may lee wrote:
      >Merry Meet everyone ,
      > I wish to know the web address for
      >learning elvish grammer and vocabulary . Can anyone
      >help ? Have a nice day !

      Hi there. :) A few points on this:

      1. There's no such thing as 'the web address' for these things; instead, there are several sites floating around. You may want to have a look at
      http://www.uib.no/People/hnohf/
      and the sites linked from there.

      2. There's no single elvish language, either. You probably want either Quenya or Sindarin, both of which are described neatly at the site I gave above. The others aren't complete enough to be usable.

      3. The Elfling mailing list is probably a better place for these matters; they specialize in the languages themselves, while this list seems to be more for the systems used to write them. (I wouldn't know for sure; I just subscribed to this one today.)

      In any case, happy hunting. I've assumed above that we're talking about Tolkienian elvish and not some creation of another author or an RPG designer.
    • may lee
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 30, 2002
        Merry Meet everyone ,
        I wish to know the web address for
        learning elvish grammer and vocabulary . Can anyone
        help ? Have a nice day !

        Blessed be ,
        Elizabeth

        Yahoo! Mobile - Jazz up your mobile phone! Get funky ringtones and logos!
        http://mobile.yahoo.com.sg/
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 31, 2002

          teithant may lee

                       I wish to know the web address for
          learning elvish grammer and vocabulary . Can anyone
          help ? Have a nice day !

          *as Kassandra said, the best place to start is Ardalambion, and you should visit the Elfling list.. (i wonder where haveyou all heard about Elfscript and NOT about Elfling!)

          i also advice you visit my faq page http://gildor.freepage.gr/faq.html which would answer early many of your questions