Languages and Scripts - Decendents of Tengwar/Cirth

  • Mike Adams
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2002
      Anyone done any work on later writing systems especially that have some
      bases on Tolkien Tengwar or Cirth, or that may have some of the same
      ancestors.

      I know that the Tengwar of Tolkien, may have been based on an earlier
      form from another linguist.

      The Late 19th and earth 20th century had alot of people making up
      alphabets and writing systems for a variety of people, from the
      Cree/Eskimo (Canada/Alaska) Syllybary to Mio and like languages of SE
      Asia.

      Some that even replaced earlier writing systems. And some for peoples
      who language never had a writing system before. This all goes back to
      the time around 500ad or there abouts, with the Priest Methodius and
      Cyril, who did Old Church Slovonic and Cyrillic alphabets, and even
      earlier.

      Mike