Brush Calligrpahy

  • Mike Adams
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30 1:00 PM
      Might also check out the Sarati site, Sarati seems to lend it self more
      to Japanese/Chinese style calligraphy.

      On this note, many Earth letters started out as pictures.. Much like how
      a picture of a man on a urinal means MALE RESTROOM, or like.

      But so far, Tengwar and like letters did not start this way. Does this
      mean there is other earlier writing forms that we do not know of.
      Tolkien did not know much of them, since much of what we know of scripts
      evolution is within the last 40 years, about the time that Prof Tolkien
      was already fully formed of his world of Middle Earth.

      The ideas that our Alphabet, was based in a major way from Egyptian
      Heiroglyphs or Sumerian Cuniform.
      Ancestors of Cuniform and Chinese was pictographs/ideographs much like
      how Heiroglyphs were done.
      Chinese and Cuniform being more in like with Heiratic (cursive form of
      Heiroglyps).

      Egyptian Heiratic was written alot with pens but also could be done with
      brush.

      Mike