Re: [elfscript] Re: Tengwar Brush Calligraphy

  • Harri Perälä
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 29 1:39 PM
      Abrigon wrote (commenting on my dabblings with a brush):

      > Also might want to extend the assenders and decenders.

      Thanks, I must try that if I make another attempt. I was trying to keep
      the letters from becoming overly large, so I made the stems as short as
      possible.

      > Also more use of hard and soft touches, namely just barely using the
      > tip is soft. Major part of Japanese/Chinese calligraphy is the strokes
      > and the pressure used, the flow of the letters..

      I assume that making the letters larger or using a smaller brush will
      help in making some touches "softer"? My example was probably done in
      too small a size to get much variation in line width.

      > I expect I may have to find some brushes and do some work and scan it
      > to show what I mean..

      Please do! I am totally ignorant of Japanese/Chinese calligraphy, but it
      would be interesting to see how these ideas would apply to the tengwar.

      --
      Harri Perälä perala@... http://www.sci.fi/%7ealboin/