Doing a form of Tengwar

  • Abrigon
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 10, 2002
      Me, I normally go for looks.. Maybe since I have a back ground as a
      calligrapher and to a degree paleographics. The letters should look
      good together, as well as no blend into each other, basically legible.
      What goes for a block letter form, when turned into cursive it can
      quickly become hard to read. Or just does not flow into each other.
      Looking like a mass mess of letters.. Unless you are going for some
      form of Court Hand that was designed to not be read but by the
      initiated in its forms..

      Tengwar done by Tolkien, seems to have some logic to it. Voiced and
      Unvoiced, Palatal and Dental and like.

      Mike