Re: [elfscript] bpd@borderline-babe.co.uk

  • Danny Andri�s
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 9, 2002

      >what about 'cullo'? that's a poetic word for 'red/gold' isn't it? could
      >i say 'findecullo'?

      And a Sindarin version (which is really more appropriate to Middle Earth in
      the Third Age ... all the personal names in LotR are Sindarin) is easily
      deduced from an attested example: we know that Goldilocks's (Sam's daughter)
      name was translated into Sindarin as 'Glorfinniel'. Quenya 'cullo' =
      Sindarin 'coll'. Therefore, Colfinniel. Or if you want something more poetic
      (and figurative), how about Lachfinniel ('flame-tressed')?

      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 12, 2002

         teithant guitar_goth_grrl

        > elwende cullo/fin/iel?

                  [     [

               redgold/hair/-fem suffix

        * `VjnR2R aJj"HeG2T`Vj

      • angelbaby
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 14, 2002
          Gildor Inglorion wrote:

          > teithant guitar_goth_grrl
          >
          > > elwende cullo/fin/iel?
          > [ [
          >
          > redgold/hair/-fem suffix
          >
          > * `VjnR2R aJj"HeG2T`Vj

          thankyou,
          do you mean i need to type this in something to get the words in
          tengwar for my tattoo? what do i need to use?

          thankyou.
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 18, 2002

            teithant angelbaby

            Gildor Inglorion wrote:

            > * `VjnR2R aJj"HeG2T`Vj

            thankyou,
            do you mean i need to type this in  something to get the words in
            tengwar for my tattoo? what do i need to use?

            * yes, type it in Word or Wordpad and type it with the tengwar cursive font

          • angelbaby
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 1, 2002
              Gildor Inglorion wrote:

              > teithant angelbaby
              >
              > Gildor Inglorion wrote:
              >
              > > * `VjnR2R aJj"HeG2T`Vj
              > >

              > thankyou,
              > do you mean i need to type this in something to get the words in
              > tengwar for my tattoo? what do i need to use?
              >
              > * yes, type it in Word or Wordpad and type it with the tengwar cursive
              > font

              okay, i did it but it doesn't look quite right - the font i used is
              called 'tnegwar cursive' (western) - it doesn't flow the way i imagine
              the cursive to do - like on the rings. also, it does say 'elwende
              cullofiniel', doesn't it?

              also, how would i write 'lachfinniel' (for 'flame-tressed'), as may
              prefer to use it rather than cullofiniel if it looks better; and would
              the first word (elf-maiden) still be 'elwende' in sindarin?

              thankyou,

              angelbaby