Re: [elfscript] bpd@borderline-babe.co.uk

  • angelbaby
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 7, 2002
      Gildor Inglorion wrote:

      > > 'elleth' as the sindarin, and 'elda' for 'elf' and '-wen' for maiden
      >
      > in quenya, so that would be 'eldawen'?
      >
      > Elwende for Quenya
      >
      > >also, i would quite like it to say 'red haired' elf-maiden, but i
      > don't have a clue on that.
      >
      > Russa Quenya and Ross Sindarin.. (you can say also Finderussa)

      what about 'cullo'? that's a poetic word for 'red/gold' isn't it? could
      i say 'findecullo'?

      now i need to work out how to write it in tengwar cursive with all of
      the correct symbols.

      > and could i ask if you have a pic of you? i would really like to have
      > one :) i am attracted to red heads!!

      sure you can. i'll have to get one taken specially though as i only have
      a photo of me when my hair was braided with purple so you can't really
      see the red - i have it natural atm though so its red ringlets that are
      just short of waistlength. the photo of my with the braids is on my
      website:-

      http://www.borderline-babe.co.uk

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

    • Danny Andri�s
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 9, 2002

        >what about 'cullo'? that's a poetic word for 'red/gold' isn't it? could
        >i say 'findecullo'?

        And a Sindarin version (which is really more appropriate to Middle Earth in
        the Third Age ... all the personal names in LotR are Sindarin) is easily
        deduced from an attested example: we know that Goldilocks's (Sam's daughter)
        name was translated into Sindarin as 'Glorfinniel'. Quenya 'cullo' =
        Sindarin 'coll'. Therefore, Colfinniel. Or if you want something more poetic
        (and figurative), how about Lachfinniel ('flame-tressed')?

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 12, 2002

           teithant guitar_goth_grrl

          > elwende cullo/fin/iel?

                    [     [

                 redgold/hair/-fem suffix

          * `VjnR2R aJj"HeG2T`Vj

        • angelbaby
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 14, 2002
            Gildor Inglorion wrote:

            > teithant guitar_goth_grrl
            >
            > > elwende cullo/fin/iel?
            > [ [
            >
            > redgold/hair/-fem suffix
            >
            > * `VjnR2R aJj"HeG2T`Vj

            thankyou,
            do you mean i need to type this in something to get the words in
            tengwar for my tattoo? what do i need to use?

            thankyou.
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 18, 2002

              teithant angelbaby

              Gildor Inglorion wrote:

              > * `VjnR2R aJj"HeG2T`Vj

              thankyou,
              do you mean i need to type this in  something to get the words in
              tengwar for my tattoo? what do i need to use?

              * yes, type it in Word or Wordpad and type it with the tengwar cursive font

            • angelbaby
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 1, 2002
                Gildor Inglorion wrote:

                > teithant angelbaby
                >
                > Gildor Inglorion wrote:
                >
                > > * `VjnR2R aJj"HeG2T`Vj
                > >

                > thankyou,
                > do you mean i need to type this in something to get the words in
                > tengwar for my tattoo? what do i need to use?
                >
                > * yes, type it in Word or Wordpad and type it with the tengwar cursive
                > font

                okay, i did it but it doesn't look quite right - the font i used is
                called 'tnegwar cursive' (western) - it doesn't flow the way i imagine
                the cursive to do - like on the rings. also, it does say 'elwende
                cullofiniel', doesn't it?

                also, how would i write 'lachfinniel' (for 'flame-tressed'), as may
                prefer to use it rather than cullofiniel if it looks better; and would
                the first word (elf-maiden) still be 'elwende' in sindarin?

                thankyou,

                angelbaby