Re: [elfscript] bpd@borderline-babe.co.uk

  • angelbaby
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 7, 2002
      Gildor Inglorion wrote:

      > > 'elleth' as the sindarin, and 'elda' for 'elf' and '-wen' for maiden
      >
      > in quenya, so that would be 'eldawen'?
      >
      > Elwende for Quenya
      >
      > >also, i would quite like it to say 'red haired' elf-maiden, but i
      > don't have a clue on that.
      >
      > Russa Quenya and Ross Sindarin.. (you can say also Finderussa)

      what about 'cullo'? that's a poetic word for 'red/gold' isn't it? could
      i say 'findecullo'?

      now i need to work out how to write it in tengwar cursive with all of
      the correct symbols.

      > and could i ask if you have a pic of you? i would really like to have
      > one :) i am attracted to red heads!!

      sure you can. i'll have to get one taken specially though as i only have
      a photo of me when my hair was braided with purple so you can't really
      see the red - i have it natural atm though so its red ringlets that are
      just short of waistlength. the photo of my with the braids is on my
      website:-

      http://www.borderline-babe.co.uk

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

    • guitar_goth_grrl
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 7, 2002
        --- In elfscript@y..., Gildor Inglorion <elfiness@y...> wrote:
        <snip>

        > Elwende for Quenya
        >
        > >also, i would quite like it to say 'red haired' elf-maiden, but i
        > don't have a clue on that.
        >
        > Russa Quenya and Ross Sindarin.. (you can say also Finderussa)

        is there some way of saying it using the feminine suffix -iel ?

        something like

        elwende cullo/fin/iel?
        [ [

        redgold/hair/-fem suffix

        (i prefer the poetic form 'red-gold', it sounds more like my own hair
        colour anyway as its somrt of a dark copper)
      • Danny Andri�s
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 9, 2002

          >what about 'cullo'? that's a poetic word for 'red/gold' isn't it? could
          >i say 'findecullo'?

          And a Sindarin version (which is really more appropriate to Middle Earth in
          the Third Age ... all the personal names in LotR are Sindarin) is easily
          deduced from an attested example: we know that Goldilocks's (Sam's daughter)
          name was translated into Sindarin as 'Glorfinniel'. Quenya 'cullo' =
          Sindarin 'coll'. Therefore, Colfinniel. Or if you want something more poetic
          (and figurative), how about Lachfinniel ('flame-tressed')?

          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 12, 2002

             teithant guitar_goth_grrl

            > elwende cullo/fin/iel?

                      [     [

                   redgold/hair/-fem suffix

            * `VjnR2R aJj"HeG2T`Vj

          • angelbaby
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 14, 2002
              Gildor Inglorion wrote:

              > teithant guitar_goth_grrl
              >
              > > elwende cullo/fin/iel?
              > [ [
              >
              > redgold/hair/-fem suffix
              >
              > * `VjnR2R aJj"HeG2T`Vj

              thankyou,
              do you mean i need to type this in something to get the words in
              tengwar for my tattoo? what do i need to use?

              thankyou.
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 18, 2002

                teithant angelbaby

                Gildor Inglorion wrote:

                > * `VjnR2R aJj"HeG2T`Vj

                thankyou,
                do you mean i need to type this in  something to get the words in
                tengwar for my tattoo? what do i need to use?

                * yes, type it in Word or Wordpad and type it with the tengwar cursive font

              • angelbaby
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 1, 2002
                  Gildor Inglorion wrote:

                  > teithant angelbaby
                  >
                  > Gildor Inglorion wrote:
                  >
                  > > * `VjnR2R aJj"HeG2T`Vj
                  > >

                  > thankyou,
                  > do you mean i need to type this in something to get the words in
                  > tengwar for my tattoo? what do i need to use?
                  >
                  > * yes, type it in Word or Wordpad and type it with the tengwar cursive
                  > font

                  okay, i did it but it doesn't look quite right - the font i used is
                  called 'tnegwar cursive' (western) - it doesn't flow the way i imagine
                  the cursive to do - like on the rings. also, it does say 'elwende
                  cullofiniel', doesn't it?

                  also, how would i write 'lachfinniel' (for 'flame-tressed'), as may
                  prefer to use it rather than cullofiniel if it looks better; and would
                  the first word (elf-maiden) still be 'elwende' in sindarin?

                  thankyou,

                  angelbaby