Re: How to write these words in Tengwar cursive fonts?

  • wolfiina
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 3, 2002
      > Oh, one more note: you have changed the letter for _g_ from anga to
      > ungwe. Anga is the one that is used in this mode.

      Are those words writen right now?

      http://www.kolumbus.fi/susasebu/words3.gif

      Well execpt the gwend, where that "mirrored tilde" is still
      missing... I just can't figure out where from keyboard I can find it :
      (
      Harri, you said something about "with alt+0232", but could you tell
      me step by step how can I get that sign?
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 3, 2002

        teithant Tina Breidenbach

        >Most sites that I have found have the vowels as

        symbols above or below the tengwar. Wolkiina is using
        a different symbol for "e" than I found. Is there two
        ways of thinking on this one?

        * even more :)

      • Harri Perälä
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 4, 2002
          wolfiina wrote:

          > Are those words writen right now?
          > http://www.kolumbus.fi/susasebu/words3.gif
          > Well execpt the gwend, where that "mirrored tilde" is still

          Except for that one tehta, they're perfect as far as I can tell.

          > Harri, you said something about "with alt+0232", but could you tell
          > me step by step how can I get that sign?

          Hold down Alt while typing the four digits on the numeric keyboard.
          Depending on the program, you may need to have Num Lock on. Symbols like
          this are listed under the headings "Tengwar Xyz font extended characters
          / keyboard mapping" in Dan Smith's documentation.

          --
          Harri Perälä perala@... http://www.sci.fi/%7ealboin/
        • wolfiina
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 5, 2002
            > Except for that one tehta, they're perfect as far as I can tell.

            I got it now!

            Thank you so much for your help :)