hello

  • WBrownlee
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 20, 2002
      Hi all,

      I'm new to the group and just wanted to say hello and introduce myself a
      little. I'm not as familiar with Tengwar or any Elvish script/language as
      most of you here, I expect. I came to my love of it very recently, with my
      viewings of FoTR. I had read the books long ago, and had nearly forgotten
      them until FoTR changed that. I've been re-reading The Hobbit, and I have
      The Trilogy in mind next, as well as Return of Shadow and Book of Lost Tales
      part1. I've visited Dan Smith's wonderful website and am trying to prepare
      myself to learn Elvish. It's been a very long time since I had to learn
      *any* language (Spanish, in HS, back in 1978), so I'm not sure just what I'm
      up against. If anyone has any suggestions as to the learning of the language
      or the writing of it (it's as beautiful written as spoken!), I would
      appreciate it. Otherwise, I'll lurk a bit to get the feel of the group.

      Wanda

      My last known address was The Cliffs of Insanity
    • Henry Quinn
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 20, 2002
        Hail

        Just a warm welcome from my side.
        I personally do not have any information about the spoken language, I too am
        trying to learn that.
        But as far as the writing goes, my advice is read the appendix in the
        trilogy covering Tengwar script.
        And any information available concerning it online.This is to get a
        background understanding of the symbols and when and where to use them. From
        there you decide.

        Regards

        Henry

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 21, 2002
          teithant WBrownlee

          > up against. If anyone has any suggestions as to the
          > learning of the language
          > or the writing of it (it's as beautiful written as
          > spoken!), I would
          > appreciate it. Otherwise, I'll lurk a bit to get the
          > feel of the group.

          * this list is for the writing systems only.. you
          would be interested to subscribe to the elfling list
          too.. that list has also a FAQ that could answer to
          many of your questions :)

        • WBrownlee
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 21, 2002
            Many thanks... but I am MOST interested in the writing. The speaking part is
            only a small part of my interest.

            Thank you, I will read the Faq!

            Wanda

            My last known address was The Cliffs of Insanity

            > teithant WBrownlee
            >
            > > up against. If anyone has any suggestions as to the
            > > learning of the language
            > > or the writing of it (it's as beautiful written as
            > > spoken!), I would
            > > appreciate it. Otherwise, I'll lurk a bit to get the
            > > feel of the group.
            >
            > * this list is for the writing systems only.. you
            > would be interested to subscribe to the elfling list
            > too.. that list has also a FAQ that could answer to
            > many of your questions :)

          • xelanotlob
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 5, 2002
              new member, here, i have known the tengwar for some time but i was
              not aware of this group, i am also about 3 quarters through quenya
              language.
              I look forward to much discussion.

              Varno
              I am also a member of elfling
            • Silvia <syl_wood@yahoo.it>
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 4, 2003
                Hi everybody!
                hope ur all ok!
                just wanted to ask if the translation of "Associate(friend) forever"
                is "Gwathel an uir".

                I tried to write it in sindarin by myself (using a sindarin alphabet
                i found on the net) and wud like to send it to someone who could
                check it.Let me no who can pls!

                Thanks in advance!
                syl
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 4, 2003
                  teithant "Silvia <syl_wood@...>"

                  > just wanted to ask if the translation of
                  > "Associate(friend) forever"
                  > is "Gwathel an uir".

                  for female yes.. if the associated friend is a male,
                  you must say 'gwador'

                  > I tried to write it in sindarin by myself (using a
                  > sindarin alphabet
                  > i found on the net) and wud like to send it to
                  > someone who could
                  > check it.Let me no who can pls!

                  yes please do

                • Kat
                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 20, 2004
                    Hi I would like to invite ppl to come and rp with me in my new
                    group and the only way is to advertise like this thank you for your
                    understanding.

                    Name of RPG: Lord of the ring 2

                    2-3 Keywords for RPG: fun and creative

                    yguid=124797776

                    Link of RPG Website: none

                    Moderators & Co-Moderators:inwlinwlin for now

                    Number of Members: 4 for now

                    Taken/Needed Characters: Taken caracthers are Aragorn and Frodo all
                    the others are free to take.

                    Is there a character limit?: no as many you can handle

                    Are made-ups allowed?: Yes they are

                    Average Numbers of Posts a Day: the game has just been created

                    Sample Post Needed?: no

                    Rating of RPG: 18 and over
                    The Plot: It 's after the wars everyone lives peacefully we see Sam
                    get married and how Aragorn and everyone lives but a suden evil
                    lurks to get Aragorn and his throne will this evil prevail so now
                    Gondor is menaced will everyone come and help.

                    The Rules: In the files

                    Other Info: none for the moment

                    Kat
                  • babybluej790
                    Message 9 of 9 , May 19, 2005
                      Hello everyone I wanted to offer you all 50% of my personal tarot
                      readings. I have been studying astrology and divination for 10yrs I
                      have worked for many sites, I am now starting my own tarot & astrology
                      site. While I am waiting for my site to be ready I will be offering 50%
                      off my tarot readings to expand my customer base. If anyone is
                      interested in having a reading or would like more info you can check
                      out this auction listing

                      http://www.thefreeauction.com/cgi-bin/auction.cgi?misc_gen&1116890925

                      or you can email me with any questions at ShootinStarline@ aol.com