Hi

  • Jan Mueller
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 20, 2002
      Hi I'm new to the list and wanted to say hello.

      I've started to learn tengwar a week ago with the stuff at Amanye
      Tenceli: http://hem.passagen.se/mansb/at/tengwar.htm

      so and now I have a rather silly question: if I write english (or
      german) with tengwar indicates the thetar above a tengwa that the thetar
      is following (as in quenya) (example: ga) or that it is leading
      (example: ag).

      Bye Jan

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 20, 2002
        teithant Jan Mueller

        > so and now I have a rather silly question: if I
        > write english (or
        > german) with tengwar indicates the thetar above a
        > tengwa that the thetar
        > is following (as in quenya) (example: ga) or that it
        > is leading
        > (example: ag).

        * i dont understand.. but English and Sindarin are
        unlike Quenya, concerning the placement of tehtar..

        in Quenya the letter tinco with the tehta of a is read
        "ta", while in english and Sindarin its read "at"

      • Jan Mueller
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 21, 2002
          Am Mit, 2002-02-20 um 13.21 schrieb Gildor Inglorion:
          > teithant Jan Mueller
          >
          > > so and now I have a rather silly question: if I
          > > write english (or
          > > german) with tengwar indicates the thetar above a
          > > tengwa that the thetar
          > > is following (as in quenya) (example: ga) or that it
          > > is leading
          > > (example: ag).
          >
          > * i dont understand.. but English and Sindarin are
          > unlike Quenya, concerning the placement of tehtar..
          >
          > in Quenya the letter tinco with the tehta of a is read
          > "ta", while in english and Sindarin its read "at"

          thanx thats exactly what I wanted to know, I'm sorry my english isnt so
          good for such purposes.

          Bye Jan