Re: [elfscript] hello! (oh no, yes, its another newbie ;)

  • Jennifer Pattinson
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 10, 2002
      Thank you for your help.

      I am starting to realise that learning to write English in Tengwar is going
      to be a bit harder than I had first thought. I'm at the point where I can
      write messages back and forth between my friends, (handwritten, not
      computer) and we can understand each other, but we have not standardised our
      spellings yet. Wow, and I just realised I was making a huge mistake. ;) I
      used to place the tehtar on the wrong tengwar (so, in a word like ate, i
      would have a-te, instead of at-e). Well, now it makes more sense . Anyways,
      I'm happy to be here on this list; it seems like people have put a lot of
      research into Tolkien's languages and scripts. I have only finished my
      first year of linguistics, and am thrilled to use my little bit of knowledge
      (like the IPA) to learn something I've always thought was interesting.

      Jennifer