Consultation for my tengwar translation

  • uy o pisong naka tiklop!
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 29, 2008
      I downloaded a software online named "TengScribe" (i'm pretty sure most
      of you know the software) and did some inputs of the words that i wanted
      to translate, to be made into a tattoo that I will be having. Click on
      this link
      <http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a222/harbringer28/tobetranslated.jpg?\
      t=1206844187> to view the picture of the words being translated and
      this other link
      <http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a222/harbringer28/capturedtranslated.\
      jpg?t=1206844253> for the picture that the TengScribe translated for me
      (sorry, i don't know how to put pictures along with this msg so bear
      with me as you press "back" on your browser, and/ or saving the pictures
      on your pc.)

      I just want to make sure that it is giving me the right results. I know
      that the software will not give the translation a 100% accuracy,
      specially with the proper grammar and words/sentences, or even structure
      of the text that i had.

      I am adding the text to my future tattoo along with this design
      <http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a222/harbringer28/tattoo1.jpg?t=12068\
      44587> that my friend made for me (if you're curious to look at it of
      course.)

      My future thanks to the person who can help me confirm the accuracy of
      the TengScribe translation!

      -- Andreau

      PS

      Do understand that understanding this language is very hard for me,
      that's why i looked for the easy way out (yep, the TengScribe
      translator!)

    • Gil
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1 3:31 AM
        The tengwar spelling depends on the language it represents.

        Since the phrase you want to transcribe an English text, you must inform
        the program by choosing the right option

        The transcription the program did for you was set on the default option
        which was 'Quenya' and the result almost didn't make sense. You must
        find the option (must be in the toolbar) and select 'English'

        Also, since your name is not English, perhaps you should spell it
        accordingly to facilitate the program. If your name 'Andreau' is
        pronounced 'Andro' or 'Andru' you should type it that way

        You can also use online application found in
        http://tengwar.art.pl/tengwar/ott/english.php

        You can select 'PNG' as an export option, which is a generated Image
        file, and send us the direct link. It will be easier for you
      • j_mach_wust
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1 11:19 PM
          --- In #5746 of elfscript@yahoogroups.com, Gil wrote:
          > Also, since your name is not English, perhaps you should spell it
          > accordingly to facilitate the program. If your name 'Andreau' is
          > pronounced 'Andro' or 'Andru' you should type it that way

          Of course, names should be transcribed according to their language,
          but that does not mean that they'd have to be transcribed according to
          pronunciation.

          ---
          grĂ¼ess
          mach