Help for a new member

  • graceofthevalarbewithyou
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 3, 2007
      I am very interested in Elven langauges and Tengwar calligraphy and
      look forward to reading the posts to Elfscript. I am currently trying
      to convert the battle cry of the elves at the fifth battle into
      Tengwar for a tatoo. Can someone help me?

      I'd like to use

      Utulie'n aure! The day has come!

      Auto i lome! The night is passing!

      These are direct quotes from the Silmarillion. I could make a guess
      but if's going to be inked into my skin, I'd like to get it right.

      Scotia
    • Lakis Lalakis
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 3, 2007
        http://tengwar.art.pl/tengwar/ott/start.php?l=en

        The language is Quenya so have the setting right (Quenya mode)

        Also, it's Aute, not Auto. If you write auto, you will get it wrong

        graceofthevalarbewithyou wrote:
        > I am very interested in Elven langauges and Tengwar calligraphy and
        > look forward to reading the posts to Elfscript. I am currently trying
        > to convert the battle cry of the elves at the fifth battle into
        > Tengwar for a tatoo. Can someone help me?
        >
        > I'd like to use
        >
        > Utulie'n aure! The day has come!
        >
        > Auto i lome! The night is passing!
        >
        > These are direct quotes from the Silmarillion. I could make a guess
        > but if's going to be inked into my skin, I'd like to get it right.
        >
        > Scotia

      • Arden R. Smith
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 3, 2007
          On Nov 3, 2007, at 1:23 PM, Lakis Lalakis wrote:

          > http://tengwar.art.pl/tengwar/ott/start.php?l=en
          >
          > The language is Quenya so have the setting right (Quenya mode)
          >
          > Also, it's Aute, not Auto. If you write auto, you will get it wrong

          No, it's not even "Aute" -- it's "Auta". Furthermore, it should be
          "Utúlie'n" rather than "Utulie'n" and "lóme" rather than "lome".

          Arden R. Smith erilaz@...

          Perilme metto aimaktur perperienta.
          --Elvish proverb