Re: [elfscript] Please help me with my translation.

    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 29, 2007
      > I would like to find the most accurate way to write "There is no
      wealth but love". By swapping the words I came up with "Tas na la
      alma er melme" but obviously have not applied any sort of grammatical
      protocol to this.

      Remember what the words really mean here. "But" is really the equivalent of "except", for instance. "There" in the phrase "there is" is just part of an English idiom indicating that something exists, and should not be translated by an adverb meaning "there = in that place".

      I think I'd suggest: _Lá ea alma hequa melme_, literally "not exists wealth except love". Variations in word-order and the exact mode of negation are possible.

      - HKF
      Recent Activity
      a.. 2New Members
      Visit Your Group
      Sitebuilder
      Build a web site

      quickly & easily

      with Sitebuilder.

      Fitness Edge
      on Yahoo! Groups

      Learn how to

      increase endurance.

      Cat Groups
      on Yahoo! Groups

      discuss everything

      related to cats.
      .

    • paradocs111
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 29, 2007
        Thank you very much for taking the time to review my post, and for your
        advice.

        Having read your comments on many other posts I was hoping you would
        find time to look at mine as your input always seems to have the most
        thought behind it.

        Thank you,

        Kind regards,

        P.