Tattoo translation

  • Vickie Blake
    Message 1 of 28 , Oct 12, 2007
      Thanks for that Helge, I will attempt to write it in Tengwar but as I
      have mentioned it is very unlikely. If anyone else will have a go I
      will be extremely gracious.

      Vickie
      <helge.fauskanger@...> wrote:

      > Vickie wrote:
      >
      > > I would like to translate the phrase 'Love yourself' or 'Live Life
      to the fullest' (haven't decided which one yet) into Elvish.

      > Reflexive pronouns are somewhat uncertain in Sindarin, but in Quenya
      we can say _mela immo_ for "love (your)self".

      > _Cuio bathred e-guil_ could express something like "live (the)
      fullness of life" in Sindarin (if we assume that some older "Noldorin"
      items of vocabulary were still valid after Tolkien's revisions). We
      must of course improvise certain details of idiom.

      > Then I guess the next question is how to write this in "Elvish"
      Tengwar characters?