Re: [elfscript] (unknown)

    Message 1 of 28 , Oct 11, 2007
      Vickie wrote:

      > I would like to translate the phrase 'Love yourself' or 'Live Life to the fullest' (haven't decided which one yet) into Elvish.

      Reflexive pronouns are somewhat uncertain in Sindarin, but in Quenya we can say _mela immo_ for "love (your)self".

      _Cuio bathred e-guil_ could express something like "live (the) fullness of life" in Sindarin (if we assume that some older "Noldorin" items of vocabulary were still valid after Tolkien's revisions). We must of course improvise certain details of idiom.

      Then I guess the next question is how to write this in "Elvish" Tengwar characters?

      HKF

    • Vickie Blake
      Message 2 of 28 , Oct 12, 2007
        Thanks for that Helge, I will attempt to write it in Tengwar but as I
        have mentioned it is very unlikely. If anyone else will have a go I
        will be extremely gracious.

        Vickie