Re: New Member saying Hello!

  • Wanda The Bwitch
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 8, 2007
      > Anar caluva tengwalyannar!
      >
      > /Måns

      Thank you, Mans! Sorry still working out the kinks of the symbols. My
      head stooge is the computer wizard. I am fortunate enough to get out
      emails! I will definitely check out the Elfing Yahoo Group. Always
      something to learn everyday. Also to give a helping to this naive mind
      of mind in the ways of Elvish, could you translate that phrase? It is
      truly amazing how some can just grasp it. As I stated before, my mind
      and tongue re at battles with each other to new things.
      Thank you for the Welcome!

      Wanda the *B*Witch
    • Mans Bjorkman
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 10, 2007
        --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, "Wanda The Bwitch"
        <witchwanda2002@...> wrote:

        > > Anar caluva tengwalyannar!
        > >
        > > /Måns
        >
        > .. Also to give a helping to this naive mind
        > of mind in the ways of Elvish, could you translate that phrase?

        It's meant to translate as "The sun will shine on your tengwar
        (letters)", based on the farewell _Anar caluva tielyanna_ "The sun
        will shine on your path".

        Yours,
        Måns
      • Wanda The Bwitch
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 10, 2007
          Måns, thank you! Have been checking out Elfing, wow! Thank you for the
          suggestion. Thank you for the translation. Now to read some back
          messages and maybe just get a grip on something. Always room to learn
          something new. Again thanks for the Welcome and the translation! Will
          have my computer wizard husband get the fonts and show me how to use
          the helper with the symbols. Another project for me to learn. I left
          your name in the message since you already had it all accented. Thank
          you for your help. Have a great day today. Will check in later and
          read more back messages.

          Wanda the *B*Witch