New Member saying Hello!

  • Wanda the *B*Witch
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 6, 2007
      Hello to Everyone, except the spammers that sneaked in. They are every where!
      I want to introduce myself to the group being the new person, I joined last night!
      My name would be a huge help, it is Wanda and I go by nickname of Wanda the *B*Witch. There is a story behind that. Being from way back, during the 1960's there was a commercial for "Hidden Magic Hair Spray", and you know what is coming next, yup, demonstrated by "Wanda the Witch"! So being in elementary school when that hit the tv airwaves, it stuck all through school! The *B* part is because my husband also my head stooge told me I spelled "Witch" when it should have been *B*#$ch.
      All righty then, that out of the way.
      Always wanted to learn Elvish but my brain and tongue have their own ideas. No co-operation from the both of them. So I am one of the people in the world that is Brain Dead with Elvish! I visited the sites for the lessons and got totally lost, and just gave it up that I would ever learn anything! Then found the link to this group! Why not ask for help from all of you wonderfully folk that really gets the lessons. I am a visual person more so than an audio one. To try and say the words, I need next to the word HOW TO PRONOUNCE IT. Yeah, that kind. If I have not lost anybody from this post, then I hope I am doing something right.
      My husband and two teen boys (my 3 Stooges), think I am crazy in a good way to try and learn. I got them hooked on Tolkien, but I want to learn more.
      So here I am looking for advice and getting directions as to where and how to start! Will check the home group site for replys, which hopefully can guide this wandering Lover of Tolkien and his Elvish words.
      Thanks for accepting my membership and look forward for learning so much more.

      Wanda the *B*Witch
      (my sig was created by a friend of mine)

      Hantale to everyone here and Eru's Blessings on you all.

      Be well, meldo, and nai i-Valar tiralyë (may the Valar guard you)!

      RADIO RIVENDELL THE GREATEST FANTASY MUSIC STATION IN MIDDLE--EARTH
      http://www.radiorivendell.com/

      Helen Trevillion greatest Elvish Singer in Middle-earth
      http://faefly-records.co.uk/helentrevillion/index.htm

    • Mans Bjorkman
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 8, 2007
        Hello Wanda, and welcome to Elfscript!

        As this list is dedicated specifically to the writing systems that
        Tolkien created, you may want to consider joining the group Elfling as
        well. That is where the languages themselves (including pronunciation,
        grammar etc.) are discussed.

        Anar caluva tengwalyannar!

        /Måns

        --- In elfscript@yahoogroups.com, Wanda the *B*Witch
        <witchwanda2002@...> wrote:

        > Hello to Everyone, except the spammers that sneaked in. They are
        every where!
        > I want to introduce myself to the group being the new person, I
        joined last night!
        > My name would be a huge help, it is Wanda and I go by nickname of
        Wanda the *B*Witch. There is a story behind that. Being from way back,
        during the 1960's there was a commercial for "Hidden Magic Hair
        Spray", and you know what is coming next, yup, demonstrated by "Wanda
        the Witch"! So being in elementary school when that hit the tv
        airwaves, it stuck all through school! The *B* part is because my
        husband also my head stooge told me I spelled "Witch" when it should
        have been *B*#$ch.
        > All righty then, that out of the way.
        > Always wanted to learn Elvish but my brain and tongue have their own
        ideas. No co-operation from the both of them. So I am one of the
        people in the world that is Brain Dead with Elvish! I visited the
        sites for the lessons and got totally lost, and just gave it up that I
        would ever learn anything! Then found the link to this group! Why not
        ask for help from all of you wonderfully folk that really gets the
        lessons. I am a visual person more so than an audio one. To try and
        say the words, I need next to the word HOW TO PRONOUNCE IT. Yeah, that
        kind. If I have not lost anybody from this post, then I hope I am
        doing something right.
        > My husband and two teen boys (my 3 Stooges), think I am crazy in a
        good way to try and learn. I got them hooked on Tolkien, but I want to
        learn more.
        > So here I am looking for advice and getting directions as to where
        and how to start! Will check the home group site for replys, which
        hopefully can guide this wandering Lover of Tolkien and his Elvish words.
        > Thanks for accepting my membership and look forward for learning so
        much more.

        > Wanda the *B*Witch
        > (my sig was created by a friend of mine)
        >

        > Hantale to everyone here
        and Eru's Blessings on you all.

        > Be well, meldo, and nai i-Valar tiralyë (may the Valar guard you)!
        >

        > RADIO RIVENDELL THE GREATEST FANTASY MUSIC STATION IN MIDDLE--EARTH
        > http://www.radiorivendell.com/
        >
        > Helen Trevillion greatest Elvish Singer in Middle-earth
        > http://faefly-records.co.uk/helentrevillion/index.htm

      • Wanda The Bwitch
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 8, 2007
          > Anar caluva tengwalyannar!
          >
          > /Måns

          Thank you, Mans! Sorry still working out the kinks of the symbols. My
          head stooge is the computer wizard. I am fortunate enough to get out
          emails! I will definitely check out the Elfing Yahoo Group. Always
          something to learn everyday. Also to give a helping to this naive mind
          of mind in the ways of Elvish, could you translate that phrase? It is
          truly amazing how some can just grasp it. As I stated before, my mind
          and tongue re at battles with each other to new things.
          Thank you for the Welcome!

          Wanda the *B*Witch
        • Mans Bjorkman
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 10, 2007
            <witchwanda2002@...> wrote:

            > > Anar caluva tengwalyannar!
            > >
            > > /Måns
            >
            > .. Also to give a helping to this naive mind
            > of mind in the ways of Elvish, could you translate that phrase?

            It's meant to translate as "The sun will shine on your tengwar
            (letters)", based on the farewell _Anar caluva tielyanna_ "The sun
            will shine on your path".

            Yours,
            Måns
          • Wanda The Bwitch
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 10, 2007
              Måns, thank you! Have been checking out Elfing, wow! Thank you for the
              suggestion. Thank you for the translation. Now to read some back
              messages and maybe just get a grip on something. Always room to learn
              something new. Again thanks for the Welcome and the translation! Will
              have my computer wizard husband get the fonts and show me how to use
              the helper with the symbols. Another project for me to learn. I left
              your name in the message since you already had it all accented. Thank
              you for your help. Have a great day today. Will check in later and
              read more back messages.

              Wanda the *B*Witch