Re: Translation Help Request!

  • panda_rider
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 13, 2007
      Thank you very much for the help!

      Perhaps Quenya would be a better way of going about it instead.

      Thanks!
      Paul

      <helge.fauskanger@...> wrote:

      > > "*Dan benn guin uin! Cenig vess.
      >

      > I must correct myself: _tiridh_ is better than _cenig_ for "you look
      at". (_Tiro nin_ is translated "look towards me" in one of Tolkien's
      texts.) Also, I otherwise used _-dh_ rather than _-g_ for "you"; the
      latter is supposedly an intimate form which Éowyn would never use
      facing a Nazgûl.

      > But I have elsewhere given my reasons for believing that _-dh_ may
      not have been Tolkien's final decision as regards the ending for
      singular formal "you", so though this ending occurs in one pronoun
      table recently published, multiple uncertainties remain.